The Organization Of Independent Candidates look towards every citizen of Trinidad and Tobago as just that. A citizen of Trinidad and Tobago. We implore every citizen to look past race, ethnicity or party affiliation and come together for the betterment of the country as a whole with a better future for all of our children and grand children.
- Trinidadian and Tobagonian values. Trinidad and Tobago is for it’s citizens and under our constitution only Trinidadians and Tobagonians decide our laws and obligations, decide who will enter and live in our country, and decide how we ensure our nation’s safety and economic security.
- Soverigenty. We are a sovereign states designed so that we create improvements that are then copied and shared for the benefit of our nation and all Trinidadians and Tobagonians now and in the future.
- Honesty and integrity. Trinidad and Tobago values include honesty and speaking openly, directly and respectfully with complete freedom of speech and expression to ensure integrity and accountability.
- Fairness. We stand for a fair go and for rewarding initiative while protecting the disadvantaged, building responsibility and ensuring the lowest possible energy prices for high productivity that creates wealth and prosperity for all.
- Freedom. Freedom of thought, expression, initiative, association, and exchange is essential for efficient collaboration and risk taking that is respectful of others’ rights including property rights.
- Human progress. Bring back and then protect eight keys to human progress that made our young country prosperous and number one in the world within a few decades: freedom; rule of law; adherence to our constitution; secure property rights; government controlled people’s bank; fair and efficient tax system; strong families; cheap, accessible, reliable and environmentally-responsible energy.
We believe that our country’s future wealth and the prosperity of all Trinidad and Tobago citizens can be assured only through listening and then caring enough to openly address the problems that previous governments have created politically and continue to make. We listen and we care enough to speak for the voiceless and the powerless.
We believe that instead of tomorrow being cloudy and threatening, tomorrow can be better than today and that every one of us has a personal responsibility to make it so.